1 WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you where it is reasonably necessary for a business purpose, including in order to supply you with services, ensure that we can improve our services to best meet your needs and to comply with our legal obligations.
2 WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, date of birth, contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses).
We may collect this information in a number of ways, such as:
- Directly from you – for example, where you complete your details to register for one of our services
- As a result of your use of our services
- From your online activity
- From third parties – for example, but not limited to, an Aged Care Facility, Home Care provider or Disability Services Provider
- If you are unable to provide us with the details we ask for, we may not be able to provide you with a service that you wish to acquire or give you the level of service you expect.
3 HOW DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
- Information we hold about you is stored in secure electronic databases.
- We may share your personal information to appropriately qualified staff within our organisation and with third parties that we work with in order to supply you with the services you have ordered from us.
- We will only share your information with third parties where they require it in order to make services available or manage their relationship with you. In these cases, we will ensure that we have arrangements in place with those partners that limit their use or disclosure of your personal information.
- Legal obligations
- We may provide third parties with personal information and cooperate with law enforcement bodies where we are permitted or required to do so by law. Scenarios where we may do this include where there is unlawful activity, serious misconduct or to mitigate a grave threat to life, health or safety.
- Others with your permission
4 NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACH – PRIVACY ACT 1998 (CTH)
Where we collected the personal information (e.g. customer contact details).
Our primary goal is to maintain information governance and security via compliance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (the Act). For personal information that we hold:
- If we suspect there has been a data breach, we will take appropriate remedial actions if possible, to contain the suspected breach.
- We will conduct an assessment within 30 days from when our suspicions arose.
- If we determine there has been a breach and the assessment concludes there is a risk of serious harm, we will:
- notify affected persons in line with current standard processes, unless the incident is covered by an exception in the Act; and
- notify the Australian Information Commissioner.
- We will review the incident and take appropriate actions to prevent future breaches.
Cloud Service and Network Customers.
In relation to Cloud Services that we may provide to you, it is your responsibility to ensure that no personal information is stored by you. Just like the landlord of a storage shed does not take inventory of the tenant’s goods, we provide the place for you to store your data, but do not inspect it.
However, if we have reasonable grounds to believe that personal information may have been stored in our Cloud which has been compromised, we will notify you and share all relevant details of the alleged breach. We will undertake an assessment of the breach in accordance with our obligations under the Act and may assist you with your assessment and remedial actions under the Act.
5 HOW DO I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we have about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- You can access and correct any of your personal information by sending an email to our Privacy Compliance Officer at the details below. We will always confirm your identity before giving access to your personal information.
- Most of the time, we should be able to provide you with access free of charge. However, if your enquiry is complex or resource intensive and a handling fee applies, we will advise you of that fee and seek your consent before processing your request.
6 HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
7 POLICY UPDATES
- We may update this policy from time to time and any changes will be reflected on this page.